FINALLY ! After three hectic years full of uncertainty, vagueness, hesitation but also adaptation… the FOLK FESTIVAL DE MARSINNE has finally made its big comeback, to the delight of festival-goers and the organizing team alike !
Appointment is already made on September 8th, 9th and 10th of 2023 for a 30th "fireworks" festival !
The entire team of the Marsinne Folk Festival committee would like to express a BIG THANK YOU / EEN GROTE BEDANKT / A BIG BIG THANK:
- to all the artists who put their art at the service of the festival
- to all the technicians who showcase these same artists with talent
- to all exhibitors - luthiers, craftsmen, restorers - who contribute to the atmosphere of this festival
- to the owner of the premises for making this beautiful setting available to us, to the inhabitants of the castle who are no longer quite at home for two weeks, to the neighbors who make their land available to the festival
- in particular to ALL the precious VOLUNTEERS (especially those from the JAVVA shipyard, who come from all over the world) who give their time before, during, after the festival: they are the foundation of this festival, special dedication to them!
- to the families, friends and various and numerous supporters around the organizing team, who give small and big helping hands and allow us to devote time to it throughout the year
- to all our partners, without whom this festival would not be possible: the Cultural Center of Huy, the Leopold7 brewery, the Commune of Héron, the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, the Province of Liège (Culture and Festivals of Wallonia departments), the Wallonia (Walloon Region), the WBI (Wallonia-Brussels International), the General Tourism Commission, the Petra och Karl Erik Hedborgs Foundation, the ADL Héron and the National Lottery
- and finally, thank you to YOU, festival-goers for a day or every day! Thank you for bringing to life, with a smile on your face, what we have been working tirelessly for on a voluntary basis during all these months. Your thanks during this weekend as well as your donations are our best encouragement to set the table again next year !
PS: this order is not representative of the importance given to each other
Follow us on Facebook
and on our Facebook group
Welcome on the Marsinne Folk Festival Website, organized by Musiques et Traditions a.w.l.p.
Discover all the ingredients of the oldest festival of traditional music in Wallonia,
Whether you are an experienced dancer, an enthusiastic music lover or a one day passer-by, this is the place to be if you want to indulge in traditional music
in a peaceful and easily accessible setting.
A friendly and family-oriented festival with a unique and relax atmosphere and set in a spectacular location !
In 2019, the MELCHIOR project was presented, whose objective is to gather, digitize and make available to the general public documents related to the musical and dance heritage of Wallonia. A great way to showcase our local culture through its hidden treasures.
The different dance/concert spaces are called LEJEUNE, SCHMITZ, MELCHIOR and CHARNEUX.
In honor of important figures with regard to the history of our festival and to the Walloon heritage.
© Marie Garcia Bardón